11 June 2009

Many things...

Hi everyone :)

I know it's been ages since I've posted... So I'll try to give an update on many things that have been happening.

Firstly, as you know, I've finished Cert III in Business Admin at TAFE. I'm still very happy with that, and I've moved on to a Cert IV subject. I am applying for a Concession / Health Care Card, which will practically half the price of each subject. I am praying that my application will be accepted!

Secondly, I had been thinking that my traineeship at Flow FM would finish at the end of June or in July, but I happened to come across my Apprenticeship contract, and it actually doesn't finish until about September! This is great, as it gives me time to figure out what I'm going to do next...

Which brings me to work. I'd been planning to continue to work at Flow after my traineeship had finished. It seems now that I won't be applying for a position there, as the one being advertised is Admin / Sales Support (which includes production and sales administration, which doesn't particularly interest me at this point), and it is also full time--and I don't want to be working full-time at the moment. I haven't talked to my bosses yet, but I am not relying on another position becoming available in the near future.
It would be great if you could pray that God will give me real direction about where to apply for a job. For me, a place in Gawler for 3 or 4 days a week would be ideal, but who knows what God has planned!!

Last week was a long weekend in SA, and on Monday I joined a big group of people from Craigmore CC to play footy in Tanunda! It was a GREAT day... A bit cold, but playing footy was so much fun!!! Julia and I were on opposite teams, and we played against each other ("man-to-man") for the whole game, which was loads of fun. I'm a netball player, and I'm not used to being able to just jump in where the ball is and not care about bumping people and pushing and shoving--that was probably the highlight for me :)

And this coming weekend, tomorrow (Friday) night I'm going on a Youth Group Camp at Waikerie, with my Youth Group. Including a few adults, there will be around 20 of us, which is a fabulous amount, for my church! It'll be freezing, but I'm looking forward to spending time with the youth and hoping to get to know them better.
On Sunday we have a church lunch, which will be great (as I said to a guy at work today, "Where there's food, it's great!"--or something like that!).

Love and God bless,
~Rachel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice new blog look--i like. :)

your mum was telling me today about your work situation. good stuff. it will be interesting to see what comes up!