2 January 2013

My Very First Smoothie

Do you like smoothies?

I love smoothies!!! Smoothies with mango are my favourite - the creamy sweetness makes my tastebuds sing!!

I have always wanted to make smoothies. Last year during my whole foods detox, I made a few smoothies with almond milk, banana and chia seeds. I tried one with baby spinach, but... let's just say that didn't turn out so well!

So now, a year later, I finally mustered up the courage to try again... and I had great success!!!

1/4 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of natural greek yoghurt, 1 banana, 3 strawberries (plus the one in the picture for decorative purposes), 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, and 1/4 of an avocado all blended together gave me this:


Yummy goodness!!

I created the recipe myself, and it was pretty close to perfect.

What is your favourite flavoured smoothie? Do you ever make your own?

~Rachel

No comments: