13 April 2009

My 17th Birthday

Hi everyone!

I know, I know, it's been ages since I last posted. It's just that I either don't know what to write about, or I'm so busy I have no time to write! So let's see how I go with updating you on the last couple weeks!

You know the week I last posted on--the one that I knew would be "crazy-crazy busy"? That week wasn't as hectic as I thought (thank the Lord!). It did get busy at times, but I wasn't fully stressed out--oh, what a feeling! I think I did manage to get all I had to do, done, which is a satisfying feeling :)

Last Monday (the 6th of April) was my birthday, and the Friday before I had a small party with a few friends--namely, Julia, Elyse, Brooke, Jess and Kim. We chatted and ate snacks, ate tea (Subway, sausage rolls and spring rolls), talked some more, I opened presents (thanks girls!!), we talked some more, then we did a quiz-thing. Here's some questions that we all had to answer individually:
  • What is one thing you would really like to see happen at the moment in my family / church / cell group / the world?
  • If you became the leader of any country in the world, which would it be and why?
  • If you could change places with a Bible character, who would you choose and why?
  • The greatest compliment I ever received...
  • What do you value most in a human relationsihp? In your relationship with Christ? In your relationship with your parents?
  • If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?

That was great fun, and a really good opportunity to get to know each other better as well.

After we finished the quiz, we watched a movie, which for the life of me I can't remember what it was called! It was okaa-ay, but it had Hugh Grant in it, which... well, let's just say he is not my favourite actor. Anyway, it was a great night, and I just loved spending time with those girls!

On Monday I worked, which is a change for me--I'm used to getting the day off school for my birthday! But the day was good, it went well, and everyone said happy birthday to me (I chose to forget about the big "Happy 17th Birthday, Rachel" written on the white-board--I'm sure they remembered all by themselves, right??!), so that was nice. Monday night Nana, Grampy and Julia came over for tea, and that was just lovely :)

My birthday has extended a little bit, after receiving some late presents and "happy birthday's", which is pretty cool!

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that I received LOTS of text messages and Facebook messages on and for my birthday--I felt soooooo loved!!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone who was thinking of me :)

Blessings,

~Rachel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't like hugh grant??? what is wrong with you, girl?!?!

Rachel said...

Allow me to explain...
1. In every movie I've seen him in, he's a sleaze (or something that resembles that)
2. Not particularly good-looking :D haha
3. He's old (no offense, but I like younger fella's :P lol jks)

Sorry to disappoint you though, Kristy!

Jewelz said...

The movie was Two Weeks Notice :)