13 July 2018

5 Years

5 years ago, on 13 July 2013, I placed a ring on Andre's hand, said "I do", and walked out of the church building as Mrs. Santos.


5 years ago!

During our wedding ceremony, a couple thoughts I remember thinking: "I can't believe I am committing to this man forever - "'til death do us part"... forever is a long time! (haha)  My marriage will need to become one of the most important things in my life."

I couldn't have imagined that we would be where we are, 5 years later, continuing to aim to keep our marriage one of our very top priorities.


Some couples who have been married for longer than us make comments at times like these such as, "Oh, just wait until you've been married for 10 [etc] years!" and "Pfft, 5 years?! Spring chickens!"  I challenge those comments this year!  :P  No matter how many years a couple has been married, every year should be celebrated; every year should be counted as a blessing!  Every year is a milestone and one worth reflecting on, while at the same time looking forward to the following many (Lord willing) years to come.

This year I am thankful to have spent 5 years of my life with my husband, and I'm somehow even more thankful to know I will spend the rest of my life with him.


 Photos by John Adams Photography.

~Rachel

No comments: