3 January 2018

Are you Convinced?




One month ago I started listening to an audio Bible, attempting to get more of God's Word into my heart and mind, and so far I've listened to a few small New Testament books and I'm really happy about that!  This week I started listening to Romans, and I was enjoying it so much that I decided to read it as well, so today I read chapter 4.  Verses 20 and 21 really struck a chord with me:

20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 
21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.

These verses are talking about Abraham (the previous verses give a little background) and I love this picture of Abraham's faith.  It seems that his faith didn't waver, but rather grew stronger; he was "fully convinced" that God was capable of doing anything that He had planned to do.  Wow!!  Everything Abraham believed (as written in these verses) is truth; but how often does that truth get watered down with the lies of the world and all of the voices and demands around me?  How often do I get distracted by other things and God's promises to me get forgotten?  How often does my faith slide and my conviction waver in my daily life?

I'm really challenged to live as if I am fully convinced that God is able to do everything that He has promised me, including...

He is able to provide for me...
He is able to love me completely...
He is able to speak to me...
He is able to guide my life...
He is able to give my soul peace...

...what would you add to this list?  What are you convinced that God has promised you?

~Rachel

No comments: