24 September 2016

Contentment and Dreams



I have many dreams.  Big ones; small ones.  Easy ones; hard ones.  Realistic ones; seemingly-impossible ones.  Dreams that are travel-related; dreams to do little things around my home.  Dreams of my career; dreams of how to serve God better.

Some days, dreams seem far-off and unattainable - it's easier to dream than do.  Other days, I just want to buckle down and work hard to achieve my dreams.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed with a sense of contentment.  I love my life!  I have a cosy home with all my worldy possessions displayed for me to enjoy.  I am studying toward a career that I really, really want.  I have a husband who loves me to the moon and back.  I know, 100%, that my heavenly Father is with me no matter what season of life I am in.

Just for a laugh - Oscar in his element. He sure looks content!

All of these things lead me to sigh a huge sigh of contentment.

"...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation... "
~Philippians 4:11b-12a, NIV

Contentment and dreams.

I have both; yet I want to be more content even while I am striving for my dreams.

What are you dreaming of?
Are you content in your life?

~Rachel

No comments: