Have you ever wondered what it means to be thankful?
Not just to say "thank you", but to feel that gratefulness from the bottom of your heart?
It is an amazing feeling that literally brings a smile to my face! :-) Because I can't help but smile when I take notice of the things around me that are true blessings. The small things, the big things; the unseen, and the seen. The things that I see every day, and the things that are once-in-a-lifetime treasures.
I have realized just how much thankfulness changes my heart, my attitude, my very life - and I want to share that with you.
I will be joining Ann and many, MANY other bloggers at A Holy Experience, and count One Thousand Gifts. I haven't even read Ann's book - but in my own life I know the joy of counting my blessings, and I want to share them with you. Linking up provides me with accountability as well - bonus!
So here begins my journey of counting, One Thousand Gifts and beyond!!! Join me, will you? I can't wait to see what God is going to reveal to me as I look for His blessings every day!
- Waking up early and spending 1 hour with Jesus
- My brother's tired, contented grin when he gets home from tennis training
- Home-made stir-fry
- Watching a movie in my second language. Portuguese
- Driving with the window down
- Reading in the dentist waiting room
- My little hometown
- My brothers, sister and Mum having devotion before school
- Microwaving oats for breakfast, and enjoying them - even when they have no flavour
- Grace to withstand temptation
- Talking with my man on the phone, parked on the side of the road
- The future
- 2 and 1/2 hour talks with one of my best friends
- Glimpses into what God is doing in my heart
- My laptop... Even though it needs a service!
- Walking through forests
- Cute 3-year-old boys
- Simple chicken and salad meal after a day of party-food
- D&Ms anytime, anywhere
- Exciting news from my best friend!!!
- Waking up at 6am, ready for Portuguese class
- Bright green nail-polish
- Wearing frangipanis in my hair
- The HUGE smile on my friend's face when she saw her birthday present
- Learning some gymnastics from my sister and her friend
- Accomplishing the gymnastic move!
- Walking in the sunshine
- 30-minute lunch breaks
- Green mint tea
- Running to the Rec Centre - 24 minutes
- Spending time in the kitchen with my sister
- Sitting with my best friend and her husband. Special, special people
- My massive friend saying "Boa noite, minha bonita amigo!"
- Turning off the scratchy CD and winding the windows down instead
- The bridal [throwaway] boquet from many years ago, passed down from a friend
- A window at my desk at work
- My own bedroom
- Gardening for the first time in years
- My family laughing together
- Dinner out with my brother and my grandparents
- A man who takes care of me
- Revelations - things from years ago finally making sense
- Sharing joys with friends
- Giving gifts
- Receiving random text messages
- Knowing that my every need is being taken care of
- Booking flights!!!
- Worshipping with my church family