23 February 2012

The 11's Game

Today I'm joining the 11's Game!
The rules are that you post 11 random things about yourself, answer 11 questions about yourself, and then post 11 questions for to be answered by others!
(I have answered the questions that See Mom Run Far posted)

11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME

1. I love spicy food, Asian food and African food. (I swear I was born in the wrong country!!)

2. I have to crack my wrist after writing or typing for any amount of time.




3. I love to paint my toenails in bright colours.

4. It took me more than one try to get my Learner's.

5. When I was about 10 years old, my handbag was stolen from our van. My big, grown-up handbag had my precious Bible (which had a very special date written in it... so that is lost forever now :'( *sniff* ), birthday money, and my glasses. I wasn't so sad about the glasses...

6. I have never coloured my hair.

7. I completed year 12 soon after I turned 16 years old.

8. My best friend and I spent much of our childhood building cubby houses, climbing trees, falling in creeks, and digging secret hiding places to hide Easter eggs in =D



9. I often almost answer my mobile and home phone in the way that I answer at work. "Welcome to ---, this is Rachel."





10. I haven't had a favourite colour since I was about 8 years old.

11. I once lost the gold ring my parents gave me for my 16th birthday, and I was devastated. 3 weeks later, my friend found it in her car. JOY!!!!!


ANSWERING 11 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. What is your maiden name (girls), nickname (now or from your youth), embarrassing middle name, or something special/unusual about your name?
People who don't know me ALWAYS spell my name incorrectly. First or last name - doesn't matter. They'll always stick at least one extra letter in there somewhere!

2. What is your favorite animal and why?
Horses!! I love their strength and power. I love to watch them galloping - just free to go wherever they want, with their mane and tail flowing behind them... I love to ride them... To smell the fresh hay as they're eating it...
And to show even more how much I love them - when I was younger, I would ride my bike down all the roads in my area, and I knew where every. single. horse. lived. I would ride to all of the friendly ones and coax them to the fence with some grass, or even a carrot that Mum let me take. Yeah, I was a little obsessed ;-) But, if there is a horse within patting distance when I go for walks or runs, I will pat them =D



3. Do you like being alone?
Yes. I enjoy taking time out for me. To walk alone, to watch a movie alone, to play the piano, to go on my computer.
Having said that, I need plenty of time with people too! I think the 80/20 rule probably applies to my life in this area - 80% of time with people; 20% of time alone.

4. What is a quality about yourself that you like?
That I can talk to just about anyone, no matter their age, race or gender. I just LOVE talking to people from different cultures, with different languages and backgrounds!

5. What is something that drives you crazy?
Doors that are partly open, and keep [gently] banging.

6. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were younger?
A missionary!! Not much has changed!!!

7. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Depends on the day!
I think I am more of a morning person, though. For example, I would much rather have a devotional time in the morning, because my brain focuses better than at night.

8. What is a personality trait about yourself that you would change if you could?
How judgemental I am.

9. Favorite flavor?
Err. Chocolate ;-)


10. What is a game you are terrible at?
Most games!!!

11. Do you belong to a running club? Do you belong to any other type of club?
I have played netball since I was 8 years old! Outside of netball season, I am my own fitness club!



11 QUESTIONS FOR YOU
Please, answer these questions in the comments section! I would LOVE to read your answers!!! Let's share the love!

1. Where would you go for your dream holiday?
2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3. What is one thing that drives you nuts?
4. What is your favourite colour?
5. What is your most highly recommended holiday destination? (can you tell I have holidays on my mind?)
6. What would you do if you received $1million?
7. What is your dream car?
8. How many cousins do you have?
9. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
10. Have you ever bungee-jumped? - and would you ever?
11. What is your favourite food?


I'd love to see your answers!!
~Rachel

2 comments:

Jamie H said...

1. Where would you go for your dream holiday? Rome
2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher
3. What is one thing that drives you nuts? When someone wakes me up really early for no good reason....
4. What is your favourite colour? Teal
5. What is your most highly recommended holiday destination? (can you tell I have holidays on my mind?) Barbados..I once did a staycation (vacation at a hotel at home) and it was great..we have lots to offer that us locals often miss out on...
6. What would you do if you received $1million? Hmmm it depends on what God is leading me to do with it..but I'd love to buy a car,a house/land, go on a trip, invest and give to a missionary group
7. What is your dream car? ANY just away from public transp
8. How many cousins do you have? Hmm lots..20 cousins
9. Are you an early bird or a night owl? Def night owl
10. Have you ever bungee-jumped? - and would you ever? NO!!!
11. What is your favourite food? Split peas n rice and lamb stew :):) just typing about it has my mouth watering

Jamie H said...

Oh this is Jamie :s