7 May 2009

Lately...

Lots has been going on lately, which is why I kinda haven't posted...

As you know, netball started last Saturday. It was a full-on day! I got there before 11am, to umpire Modies (these girls are about 8-10 years old). Amy played at 12.15, so I watched her, and then I umpired Under 15's in the next time slot. That game was FAST! But I like that better than Modies, which is really slow and you have to explain everything :S

After that, I played my game. It was a good game, but we were a bit all over the place. Mind you, most of the people we were playing looked like they were nearly twice our age! They were rather good, I must say :) We thought we were getting whomped, but it turned out that we only lost by two goals: 23-21!! We were pretty happy with that.

Sunday was the best day of my life!!!!! Okay, not quite, but I just spent the afternoon at home... I read the Bible, read Boy Meets Girl (Josh Harris), painted my nails (all of this was outside with shorts and a tank top on, in the glorious sun) and went on the computer. At 5pm I went across the road to the school (Xavier College) to a "Youth Group", which a friend from netball invited me to. I helped cooked soup in the great kitchens at the school (I swear that's what kinda sucks about being homeschooled--not getting the experience in a big kitchen like that! lol) while others made pizza and set tables. I had to leave early for church, so I didn't get to eat the food there (or participate in their "prayers"), but someone kindly dropped off 4 pieces of pizza for me!! It was SO good!

Well, that was my weekend. Other stuff has happened this week, but I don't have time now to tell you about it. I'm off to eat some yummy chilli lentils and rice for lunch. Mmm...

~Rachel

1 comment:

Jewelz said...

Cool! Sounds like a great weekend :)
But you didn't say anything about the footy! Did you? *goes back to check* Nope, you didn't!