20 March 2009

CWCI

Good morning!

This time tomorrow I'm going to be in Victor Harbor for CWCI, a Women's Conference that is held down there every year. Mum and I have been invited by a group of fabulous ladies each year, but it has never worked. I'm so excited to finally be going! We're staying in the fabulous, cute little house (mm, if you call 3-story and 5 bedrooms little!) with amazing views of the harbour, a jacuzzi, and... well, I've got to say, the people there will be the best part of all!

Julia, Kristy, Mrs. Graham, Elyse, Mrs. Packer (and, of course, my Mum) will be there, as well as three other ladies.
We're looking forward to chatting, eating chocolate, spending time in the jacuzzi, lounging around, maybe walking on the beach... oh, and attending the conference, of course! I'm really interested in what that will be like, and in meeting other Christian girls and ladies. Apparently a fair few ladies from my church will be there, as well as a couple people from work, so it will be good to see them.

I also hope to spend time on planning for a Girls Group I'm planning to start in the middle of this year. It will be for girls aged around 12-14. I want to be able to mentor them in God's Word and just in daily life, and I'm already trying my best to do that, by hanging out with them at youth group and talking to them. I hope that I'll be able to get lots of hints, tips and ideas from the girls :)

I'm also going to be catching up with a friend who lives in Victor tonight--not sure how, when or where yet, but that will be great! She loves horses, and it will be awesome to have someone to talk "horse-talk" with :D

I joked to a friend that I'll be sick of girls by the end of the weekend... But I'm pretty sure I'll come back with a smile on my face, refreshed from the time away with the others.

Have a great weekend!
God Bless.

~Rachel

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so did you enjoy yourself? i'm pretty sure i didn't see you in the spa, though!!

Rachel said...

I did enjoy myself! I'd really wanted to catch up with you more though, Kristy... Bit disappointed I never got the chance :(
mm As for the spa... you're right, you didn't see me in there :(

Jewelz said...

I had so much fun! It was really good to catch up with you guys and spend more than 10 minutes with you, Rach :)
Was also great to make the 'pact'
Did you end up getting much done on your bible study?

Anonymous said...

so did you change your blog back to the original or did something go wrong? i'm a little confused!! it was different this avo and back to original now. lol

Rachel said...

ehh... I couldn't see the changes, so I deleted it and tried again, and I still couldn't. What's up with that? That was even by signing in on the rachello92 email address! Yeah, so I changed it back... Sorry about that :S I'll try again later. And I will post soon :D

Elyse said...

Heeeey!!! I love this theme-thing(-what's it called in blog-land?! Lol) Anyways, love the purple flowers... Thet're very 'you' :D Was great to see you tonight.. Love ya so many lots!

Elyse said...

P.s Weekend was SOOO fantastic!!! Loved spending that time with you and Jewelz! :)