25 October 2016

Visit to Sydney + Camila's Baby Shower


Recently I took a weekend trip to Sydney, to spend time with my friend Camila (who happens to be one of Andre's best friends from Brasil!) and to celebrate her baby shower with her!  It was a full, busy, wonderful weekend of catching up with friends and making memories.


Ready to fly! {Also, as a side note, in the last year I have noticed I have a squinty eye :O Help!}

Some kind of chicken pastry thing for dinner

Terrible descent-into-Sydney picture...

My brother got style

Making lunch at Ryan's place. With the mannequin.

Hanging out with these dudes :D (wow, I just realised our smiles really do look like this little emoticon :D ahaha)

Daniel took a few pictures of Ryan and I.  What a laugh!!

Okay, this one is actually kinda sweet. He was feeling baby move :)



Rearranging...

Love my bro!

Umm...

This was the first Max Brenner Chocolate Bar I ever went to - about 5 years ago, with Andre and Annelise

Thai for dinner. Don't ask what we are doing...

...we're pushing back our cuticles. Now, don't ask why. Please. 

Such a cute, fun outfit from Camila for our little girl, for when she is about 1 year old

The Main Event of the weekend was the baby shower for Thiago and Camila's little girl, Julia.  Everything worked out so beautifully!  The stunning cake in the centre was made single-handedly by the auntie-to-be, and all the other beautiful sweets are Brasilian, and SO delicious!  A friend brought pretty flowers to decorate with.  Finally, the company was lovely, too!  I got to catch up with friends I haven't seen in ages, which was awesome!

The baby shower guests + food :P

Celebrating baby Julia!

2 baby bumps, getting bigger every day!



A random car that Ryan and I saw

Sending pics to Andre of me drinking from an Avengers mug :P

Sunset, highlighting the huge moon, from Thiago and Camila's apartment (way better in real life!)



Sweets to take home to Andre :D

It was such a privilege to be able to share this time with Camila.  It's been such a blessing to me to have her friendship over the last few years.  I have often felt that I am missing out on some amazing friendships because most of Andre's childhood friends and best friends (not to mention his entire family) live on the other side of the world.  So, to be able to have a lovely friendship in Camila, and even journey through our pregnancies together, has been a true gift from God that I will always be grateful for.

~Rachel

No comments: